As I sit here in the midst of my own surprise pity party [see Instagram for details on the smoothie tragedy], I decided to think about all the little things that light me up.
- Showing someone a funny video and them actually laughing.
- Seeing someone wear/use a gift you gave them.
- The first sip of a smoothie/juice.
- Knowing you can sleep in as late as I want.
- Finishing your exams so you can breath for a minute.
- When your bra and undies match.
- Bumping into an old friend unexpectedly.
- NOT bumping into anyone you know while you’re doing errands.
- Checking out at a store and finding out one of your items is on sale.
- Waking up to morning texts.
- A well-made bed.
- Clean sheets.
- A hot shower after a long day.
- Finding money in your pocket.
- Complimenting someone and seeing their face light up.
- The occasional Bloody Mary
- Being complimented by a stranger when you’re feeling low.
- When an exam gets pushed back that you weren’t quite ready for.
- Having the house to yourself for a while.
- Holding/petting a dog.
- A freshly cleaned face.
- When a teacher/prof recognizes your hard work.
- The feeling after you finish a good workout.
- When your eyeliner wings look like twins instead of cousins for once
- When someone sends you something that made them think of you.
Cheers, babes. Go make someone else’s day a little better.